DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Calendar and "/recylce" option

NC2Chi
#1 | Posted: 3 Jan 2007 16:28 
First off, congratulations on such good and elegant software. I was wondering if, in addition to having the Appointment and Tasks shown, if a simple monthly calendar could be shown above the Appointment list, with dates highlighted that have an appointment, and maybe arrows to scroll through past and future months? Just having a visual calendar to look at instead of having to open outlook all the time would be nice.

Also, I know a few people have talked about the multiple instance issue. Couldn't it be simply resolved by using the "/recycle" Outlook command line option when calling Outlook from desktask (when you click on the Appointment or Task List Header, not when you open an individual item)?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 21 Jan 2007 10:14 
Hi,

Thanks for your comments

NC2Chi wrote:

I was wondering if, in addition to having the Appointment and Tasks shown, if a simple monthly calendar could be shown above the Appointment list, with dates highlighted that have an appointment, and maybe arrows to scroll through past and future months? Just having a visual calendar to look at instead of having to open outlook all the time would be nice.

Desktask is based on the "Outlook Today" view in outlook, hence the view used. Your suggestion will be considered in future versions.

NC2Chi wrote:
Also, I know a few people have talked about the multiple instance issue. Couldn't it be simply resolved by using the "/recycle" Outlook command line option when calling Outlook from desktask (when you click on the Appointment or Task List Header, not when you open an individual item)?

Thanks for the tip, but DeskTask uses automation to call outlook, hopefully another solution will present itself.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Calendar and "/recylce" option

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.