DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Problems with Business Contact manager

Paul Kortman
#1 | Posted: 2 Nov 2006 23:03 
I use Outlook 2003 with BCM, dutch version. In the Account History of Accounts in BCM you see all the e-mails, instead of the e-mails related to the contacts of the account. So I had to de-install Desk Task, what I regret, cause the possibility to have Tasks shown in its own window is very convenient or useful to me.

is there a solution?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 5 Nov 2006 15:58 
Hi,

Sorry about the delay in answer since I've been busy with other projects.

I made a bit of research, having never heard of "Business Contact manager", which I believe is a add-on for Outlook by Microsoft.

I don't usually support DeskTask + Outlook with add-ons, since usually they are the cause of the problems and I can't support every single add-on for Outlook.

Anyway I don't seem to understand the problem is happening to you? You say : "In the Account History of Accounts in BCM you see all the e-mails, instead of the e-mails related to the contacts of the account". Can you specify in what manner is DeskTask related to this? Since DeskTask is an independent program that reads Outlook data (Calendar+Tasks) and displays them on the Desktop.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Paul Kortman
#3 | Posted: 6 Nov 2006 08:54 
Posted: 6 Nov 2006 08:05:15
Quote Edit
WITH SOME CORRECTIONS

I thought you knew BCM, but apparently you don't. If it is a add-on (are the add-ons listed under a button in Tools -> Options -> Other -> Advanced Options?) it is a very large one: it comes with Office 2003 Small Business or Pro ona separate CD.
It works with .Net Framework 1.1. which is a rather heavy appalication, as I understood.
It is difficult discussing with you when you're not familiar with BCM. In BCM you have accounts (companies and other orgs) and business contacts (individuals). You can have various contacts grouped in one account. When you click on a account you get a window with the central data (telephone, e-mailaddress etc) but also a innerwindow which lists all the e-mails, appointments and tasks concercerning that account or contact. When DeskTask is installed, the inner window shows ALL e-mails, appointments etc.
Maybe there is someone else who is familiar with BCM and technical enough to give insight. Else I could call you, but then you run a risk ofcourse.

Let me tell you that it's mainly the possibility of getting the Task list as a separate window opened which makes your program invaluable to me.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Problems with Business Contact manager

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.