DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Problem with Colors and some possible additions

Leo Graper
#1 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 06:32 
Today i started using DeskTask, and must admit, it looks great, especially for someone like me, who 'lives by' this software.
Still, as allways things could even be better, might i ask you to consider the following things:

1. Am i correct that one can only see the info in the upperleft corner? The way i've got my desktop arranged
the downer right would be better, did i miss something?
2. When i select a border color, the display acts weird, when i hit the Pick color nothing changes ( i see no new
window, where i expect it would) and the colors change as i move my mouse back and forth.
Must add to this i'm using Pack Longhorn Inspirat 1.0, which changes the look of windows, and i have had
minor problems when drawing windows in ie Netscape.
3. It would be nice to something else with finished tasks, now they are shown as Outlook presents them, i
think fading them to a chosen color, or making them less visible would be nice, and an option telling the
program to not display them at all would be my choice.
4. If i hit Tasks, Calender or Outlook, another instant of Outlook is started, could you change that to open
the existing Outlook and go to specified part?
5. Would the last incoming message header, or the last X headers be a good addition?

Other then this, it's a great addon to Outlook, keep up the good work!

Regards,
Leo Graper.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 23 Oct 2006 16:27 
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Please bear in mind that I cannot give support to Windows systems running third party Desktop applications. it's up to the user to see what is causing the problem (when running several desktop applications). DeskTask relies on some techniques that might have problems with other applications.

Regarding your suggestions/Issues:

Leo Graper wrote:
1. Am i correct that one can only see the info in the upperleft corner? The way i've got my desktop arranged
the downer right would be better, did i miss something?

The window can be dragged, just point to the calendar icon, and, without releasing the cursor drag the window to whatever position on the desktop you wish.

Leo Graper wrote:
2. When i select a border color, the display acts weird, when i hit the Pick color nothing changes ( i see no new
window, where i expect it would) and the colors change as i move my mouse back and forth.
Must add to this i'm using Pack Longhorn Inspirat 1.0, which changes the look of windows, and i have had
minor problems when drawing windows in ie Netscape.

There is no option to select the border color, what the color picker does is select a transparent color value so the fonts fit better in the desktop.
If you think the problem is the LongHorn Pack, disable it and try again.

Leo Graper wrote:
3. It would be nice to something else with finished tasks, now they are shown as Outlook presents them, i
think fading them to a chosen color, or making them less visible would be nice, and an option telling the
program to not display them at all would be my choice.

If "Finishing Tasks" means completed tasks (shown in the outlook with a strike line) you can set the option not to show in the DeskTask options (uncheck "Show Completed Tasks")

Leo Graper wrote:
4. If i hit Tasks, Calender or Outlook, another instant of Outlook is started, could you change that to open
the existing Outlook and go to specified part?

This is the expected behaviour, maybe an option can be added. will be considered in future options.

Leo Graper wrote:

5. Would the last incoming message header, or the last X headers be a good addition

Sorry, Displaying the mail goes a bit out of the scope i set to DeskTask. As this as been asked, will be eventually considered, but it's highly unlikely

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Leo Graper
#3 | Posted: 24 Oct 2006 02:55 | Edited by: Leo Graper 
Thank you for the fast answers! It sure helped a lot!
a bit later....All the things you sugested helped, i now see what you mean by changing the colors, i had to click on the ico.
Still when i hit the Pick Color button (which i shouldn't) when i move my mouse the whole windows starts to change, this could still be the Lognhorn pack.
But i won't go to the effort of de-installing this, since i like it a lot, and now know the reason, if no one duplicates this.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Problem with Colors and some possible additions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.