DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Love this program

Rob
#1 | Posted: 11 Oct 2006 07:07 | Edited by: Rob 
Hi Andre,

I have been using your DeskTask software for about six months now and it is one of the most useful desktop apps I have. It reminds me a little of another of my favorite programs I use on my Pocket PC called PocketBreeze. www.sbsh.net/products/pocketbreeze

If I may, I have a couple of requests for additional features I think would greatly add to the functionality of DeskTask.

1. I like to set DeskTask to show 30 days of my calendar and sometimes it gets too big for my desktop and runs off the bottom of the screen. I would suggest the addition of a scrollbar or at least the option to use one.

2. The other feature I would like to see is the ability to expand and collapse DeskTask.

3. I have my notebook set up to dual boot XP Pro and Vista RC2. Do you think that soon you will come out with a version that will run on Vista?

Thank you for such a useful program. It is very convenient to just be able to glance at my desktop and not have to open Outlook.

Best regards,

Rob Bond[/url][url=][/url][url=]

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 11 Oct 2006 14:01 
Hi,

Thanks for your comments, regarding your suggestions:

Rob wrote:
1. I like to set DeskTask to show 30 days of my calendar and sometimes it gets too big for my desktop and runs off the bottom of the screen. I would suggest the addition of a scrollbar or at least the option to use one.

At the moment there is no workaround for too much items in the desktop. You could try setting a smaller font and/or set less days ahead in the view.
Anyway I'll see what can be done for future versions.

Rob wrote:
2. The other feature I would like to see is the ability to expand and collapse DeskTask.

This feature as already been asked, but only expand and collapse calendar and task headers...

Rob wrote:
3. I have my notebook set up to dual boot XP Pro and Vista RC2. Do you think that soon you will come out with a version that will run on Vista?

have you tried running DeskTask on Vista?
It is still not tested, however it works well with the upcoming outlook 2007

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Rob
#3 | Posted: 11 Oct 2006 16:16 
Thank you for your reply Andre. I will look forward to future versions of this fine program. I have tried the latest version of DeskTask on Vista RC2. It does install, but will not open up and display on the desktop. If there is anything I can do to help test this with Vista, I will be glad to.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 11 Oct 2006 16:40 
Rob wrote:
I have tried the latest version of DeskTask on Vista RC2. It does install, but will not open up and display on the desktop. If there is anything I can do to help test this with Vista, I will be glad to.

Just finished to test on Vista, RC1 only in a virtual mode with VMServer, however all went OK as you can see in the picture.
(Vista RC1 + Outlook 2003 + DeskTask 1.0)

What Outlook/Office version do you have in the vista partition?

I've been testing all my other software, and some other not Vista prepared Software and did not have problems (apart from system specific apps like drivers)

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Rob
#5 | Posted: 11 Oct 2006 16:47 
I will have to try reinstalling again and let you know how it goes....

Rob
#6 | Posted: 11 Oct 2006 17:30 | Edited by: Rob 
Alright, I tried installing 1.0 on Vista RC2 and this is what I get....

Like I said, it installs, but will not load onto the screen and I get this error message. I am using Outlook 2003 which is working fine in Vista. I suppose I could load up Office 2007 and try it.

Thanks,

Rob Bond

Rob
#7 | Posted: 11 Oct 2006 17:50 | Edited by: Rob 
Well Andre, all I can say is that computers are funny animals. After posting my above post to you and closing my browser damned if Desktask was on my desktop. I am not going to try and figure it out, but it's working now.

Thanks,

Rob Bond

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Love this program

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.