DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Getting Black box

sean2078
#1 | Posted: 14 Jul 2006 16:07 
FYI - I'm also getting the black box problem.

I'm running latest XP updates, NVIDIA drivers, etc. I run with 3 monitors. Version in use is RC8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any chance you could update your paint code so that transparency is an option so that we no longer have to worry about this issue?

Thanks,

sean2078

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 15 Jul 2006 06:59 
Hi,

Since you have a NVIDIA card I'm not sure if the problem is related to the 3 multi monitor setup.

have you tried DeskTask on a single monitor?

sean2078 wrote:
Any chance you could update your paint code so that transparency is an option so that we no longer have to worry about this issue?

What do you mean? simply turn on/off transparecy?

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

sean2078
#3 | Posted: 25 Jul 2006 19:27 
Still seeing only a black box with only 1 monitor enabled. I'm running nVIDIA driver version 91.31. I have a GeForce 7900 GTX on a PCI-e bus. No special software running - only Windows XP SP2.

Any help in getting this software to work would be appreciated.

Yes, just turning off transparency, so we could run with a solid colored desktop background and use the software - which will probably be the easiest mode to work in once the black box issue is fixed.

If you email me a NDA i'm sure I can fix the code for you and send it back.

Thanks,

Sean

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 29 Jul 2006 09:10 
Hi,

sean2078 wrote:
If you email me a NDA i'm sure I can fix the code for you and send it back.

What do you mean by email you a NDA and fix the code?

Thanks

André Santos

dkratter
#5 | Posted: 15 Aug 2006 13:14 
I sometimes get the black box too, and I'm using a single monitor with an Intel graphics card, on XP SP2.

Yoop
#6 | Posted: 19 Aug 2006 02:13 
Hello,

the same "black box" problem occurs on my DELL single monitor system. Indeed, here is also an ATI graphic card working (X600) with the latest DELL driver installed; nevertheless, no HYDRAVISION application is running, thus this workaround cannot be applied :-( Any other idea how to get DeskTask working on this configuration?

Thanks a lot for your support,

Yoop

Andre Santos
Carthago
#7 | Posted: 21 Aug 2006 11:38 
Yoop wrote:
the same "black box" problem occurs on my DELL single monitor system. Indeed, here is also an ATI graphic card working (X600) with the latest DELL driver installed; nevertheless, no HYDRAVISION application is running, thus this workaround cannot be applied :-( Any other idea how to get DeskTask working on this configuration?

There are problems with ATI graphics cards. Sometimes disabling Hydravision resolves the problem but there is no known work-around when hydravision is not running.

Sorry about this,

André Santos

sean2078
#8 | Posted: 27 Aug 2006 12:09 
Andre Santos wrote:
What do you mean by email you a NDA and fix the code?

Still getting black box by the way. I'd really like to use/buy the software, but I just can't get the black box to go away. -- I was saying that if you send me a non-disclosure agreement, I would sign it and send it back, then you could send me the source code for DeskTask, I would fix it and then send it back to you.

Is there anything we could do to get this fixed?

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Getting Black box

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.