DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

DeskTask and Dual Monitor support - READ THIS

Andre Santos
Carthago
#1 | Posted: 5 May 2006 14:30 
Hi multiple Monitor users,

I'm at this moment testing Desktask in a dual monitor mode, and works perfectly.

the only thing needed to drag the desktop window to the other monitor is uncheck "Snap to Desktop edges (Recommended)" in the general page of DeskTask Options. Once unchecked the DeskTask Window can be dragged to the other monitor.

The only thing, as my resource access is limited, I just tested this on my NVIDIA FX5200 Graphic Card with 2 connected CRT monitors and have no problems whatsoever. There have been reports that the background is black, but that may be to the Graphics card (old ATI cards can have problems).

Please post here if you are a user with a multiple monitor setup and is having problems.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 5 May 2006 15:23 
Meanwhile found a problem, when closing Desktask and restarting, the window would always default to the main monitor. this is fixed for RC6 (available for download now)

André Santos

Mister44
#3 | Posted: 21 Jun 2006 08:52 
Hi,

i have the same problems like other users with more than one monitor. I have three and i cannot move Desktast around. It still stick at the top left corner of my primary monitor. One user reported a problem with having to restore the position after startup. I have to do that too. In the registry, the WindowLeft D-Word always has the value 4294966273.

I'm working with one NVIDIA FX 5700 (Forceware 84.21) and one ATI 3D Rage II+.

Fredl
#4 | Posted: 25 Jun 2006 23:29 
Hi,

same with me having a Laptop with a ATI Mobility Radeon 7500:(
As soon as I have Multi-Monitor support active, DT is no longer showing up, until I press restore position. Afterward the Date panel is no longer moveable.
Fredl

John Doe
#5 | Posted: 16 Sep 2006 07:50 
I am having a problem with dual monitors and Desktask:

Software
Windows XP SP2
Desktask 1.00 RC6

Hardware
Sony Vaio TX1XP (set as secondary monitor; left)
Hyundai N91W (set as primary monitor; right)

Settings
Restore position (unticked)
Hide window (unticked)
Lock window (unticked)
Snap to desktop edges (unticked)

Problem
On the primary monitor, Deskask is stuck on the top left of the screen. I cannot drag it. Indeed, I cannot open any items listed in Desktask. The cursor just ignores the Desktask 'layer' and just focuses on whatever happens to now be beneath it.

The thing is I don't even want to drag it onto the secondary monitor (yet, anyway). The issue is not being able to drag it AT ALL.

Desktask was absolutely fine before I started using dual monitors. Also, everything else on the setup works fine - e.g. moving windows between screens etc. etc.

Please advise.

John Doe
#6 | Posted: 16 Sep 2006 07:52 | Edited by: John Doe 
PS. I should add that I've tried pressing refresh. I've also tried shutting down Desktask and launching it afresh, but still it is stuck in the top left :-(

Andre Santos
Carthago
#7 | Posted: 19 Sep 2006 14:23 
John Due:

Do you have this setup described in the FAQ? :
There is a known problem when using a dual display mode. If setting the second monitor as the primary monitor in Windows, DeskTask window cannot be moved. The only workaround is either setting the first monitor as the main monitor or, if using a Nvidia Card, configure the monitors setup in the Nvidia Driver options.

André Santos

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 DeskTask and Dual Monitor support - READ THIS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.