DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Doesn't display all-day appointment on last day

Jonberger
#1 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 11:13 
DeskTask doesn't display all-day appointments on the last displayed calendar day. That is, if I have my calendar set to show six days ahead, and on that sixth day, there's an all-day appointment, it doesn't show up, but the next day, when that date is the fifth day, it DOES show up, without me changing anything. Anyone have any idea why this is?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 15 Jun 2010 13:56 
Hi Jon,

Did the test you mentioned:
- Show 6 days ahead.
- have a all day event in the last day

And it shows up here.
So I cannot reproduce this.

Can you tell me the following information;
- Outlook version and language
- Font name you are using

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Jonberger
#3 | Posted: 30 Aug 2010 07:57 
Sorry I never followed up on this. I still have the problem, and it's absolutely reproducible on my system. (And I should add that since I posted this originally, I've changed computers; I'm now running Windows 7.)

So, today is August 30. I have DeskTask set to display 8 days ahead. 8 days from today is September 7. I go into Outlook (I use 2003) and enter a regular, timed appointment. I click on "Refresh" in DeskTask; the appointment duly shows up. Now I enter an all-day appointment on the same day, September 7. I click on "Refresh." No change; the new all-day appointment doesn't display. Now I go to Options->Calendar, increase "Days to show ahead" from 8 to 9, and click on "Apply." Now I see BOTH that first, timed appointment AND my all-day appointment displayed for September 7. If I put it back to 8 days and click "Apply," the all-day appointment disappears but the timed one stays.

I'm using Windows 7, DeskTask 1.2, and Outlook 2003. My font is 11-point Verdana, but since you asked about it, I tried several other fonts and had the same results. I have multiple monitors; I've tried checking and un-checking "snap to desktop edges" and it doesn't seem to make any difference. If this helps, the "Use alternate method to pin to the desktop (Aero)" box is checked off, and the entry is grayed out so I can't un-check it.

Couple of other problems. First, I'm not seeing a task that's due today. If I add ANOTHER task due today, or a task due yesterday, I see the original one, but not the newly-added one. It's like it's not showing the first task in the list.

Also, I have some calendar entries where it inserts a line break for no apparent reason between the calendar entry and the location.

Jonberger
#4 | Posted: 30 Aug 2010 08:37 
Addendum on the task that doesn't display: when I have a single task that's due today, it doesn't display, as I said above, but the "Tasks" header DOES display; just no tasks under it. When I mark that task complete or delete it, the header goes away. So clearly DeskTask knows that it has something to display, it just doesn't display it.

Jonberger
#5 | Posted: 30 Aug 2010 09:22 
Ok, and now, all of a sudden, the calendar entry with the location where it was doing a line break before the location, isn't displaying the location at all. DeskTask is really unstable this morning. Any idea what's going on here?

Jonberger
#6 | Posted: 30 Aug 2010 09:29 
Aha! If I un-click "Show current task indicator" in Options->Calendar, my tasks display properly and the problem with the line breaks and the failing to display the location goes away. Cool. That's good enough for me, but maybe you want to know about this odd feature of "current task indicator." Or maybe I just don't understand what it's supposed to do.

The bug about not displaying the all-day appointment is still there, though. It's not a big huge deal; it just means that all-day appointments show up in DeskTask a day later than all the other appointments on the same day. But it's consistent and reproducible and I can't figure out how to make it go away.

Jonberger
#7 | Posted: 5 Jan 2011 08:59 
Update on this. First off, it's still happening. Secondly, I've discovered that on a multi-day appointment, it doesn't display it AT ALL, anywhere, if the LAST day of the appointment is the last day DeskTask is set to display.

For example, today is Jan. 5, and I have it set to display 8 days, so the last day is Jan. 13. I have a three-day appointment starting on Jan. 12. It doesn't display in DeskTask at all, despite the fact that two of those days, the 12th and 13th, are within the time period that's displayed. I edit it and change it to start on Jan. 11. Now all three of the three days of the appointment, Jan. 11, 12, and 13, are within the time period that DeskTask is set to display. But it STILL doesn't display the appointment at all. Now I edit it again and change it to start on Jan. 10. And now it displays in DeskTask, with a "Multi Day" tag just like it's supposed to.

I actually think it should display if even just the first day of the multi-day appointment is within the displayed time period. But it should CERTAINLY display if ALL of the days are within the displayed period. And it doesn't, it really doesn't. Like I said way back last June, this is 100% reproducible on my system. Windows 7, DeskTask 1.2, Outlook 2003 ("About" displays "Microsoft Outlook version 11.0.0.8330").

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Doesn't display all-day appointment on last day

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.