Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Syntax keyword question

Eric
#1 | Posted: 14 Sep 2013 17:00 
Hi Andre,

I am looking at doing a PowerShell syntax file. Looking through the help file, I have not come across the answer.

I have seen that you can have up to 16 Keyword rows

Keyword1=...
Keyword16=

My question is how many keywords can you put on each Keyword row? PowerShell has at least 400 cmdlets (if I am remembering off the top of my head) and depending on how many keywords you can put on each line, it is possible I could have more keywords that could fit.

Although now that I think of it, I could alway break things down into sections [cmdlets],[cmdlets2], etc.

Nevertheless, a rough idea of how many would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 04:24 
Hi,

Basically there is no limit, but there could be a drop in performance when parsing the syntax file for long keyword definition files.

I just tested a line with around 2500 keywords (more than 50000 characters) and they are recognized in the editor, however the performance does drop. I would advise trying to keep it under 100 keywords on each line which should be enough the PowerShell syntax file

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Syntax keyword question

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.