Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Andre Santos
Carthago
#1 | Posted: 20 Sep 2008 18:12 | Edited by: Andre Santos 
<b>
Beta 2 is no longer available, please try the current beta 3 instead:
DeskTask 1.1 beta 3

Hi,

You can try the latest DeskTask version 1.1 beta 2, with support for Vista Aero.

Here is the list of changes (so far):

+ Added an option to draw text without Clear Type (Thanks Anon)
+ Added an option to select if task subject (and location) is HTML aware
+ Added an option to specify maximum number of characters a task subject may have
+ Added an option to show an indicator of the current task in calendar
+ Indent Items option will now only apply to sub-calendar tasks
+ Fixed : Compatible with Vista running the AERO interface
+ Fixed : When "Hide Past Items in the Day" is checked, the calendar task will only be hidden after the current time has passed the end instead of the start time of the task
+ Fixed : When "Show Priority icons" options is set, tasks without icon are now aligned with tasks with icons
+ Fixed : Color All text in task options was not shown if the tasks were clickable
+ Fixed : If right aligned and the size of the items change, the right position was not preserved
Fixed : English language file was not uninstalled
+ Added Hungarian language file
+ Minor bug fixes

Don't hesitate to give your feedback here in the forums, thanks!

<b>André Santos</b>
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

edddy
#2 | Posted: 22 Sep 2008 11:47 
Congrats!

You have to tell me HOW do you finally do it!! :)

P4R4D0x
#3 | Posted: 13 Oct 2008 22:27 
Does not regard "Days to show ahead" feature for calendar.

Axel Kriewel
#4 | Posted: 19 Oct 2008 10:12 
Same for me here, Windows XP, SP3, Outlook 2007.
Desktask doesn't care about how many days to display in the future.
Shows all entries...

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 19 Oct 2008 16:22 
P4R4D0x and Axel,

I cannot reproduce this, can you any of you attach a screenshot of the calendar options that are set so that i can reproduce the problem.

Please send to support @ carthagosoft.net

Thanks,

André Santos

marcoscu
#6 | Posted: 24 Oct 2008 05:12 
I get the same Days to Show Ahead problem and for that reason have reverted to v1.0.
I am using 32bit Vista SP1, Outlook 2007.

P4R4D0x
#7 | Posted: 24 Oct 2008 19:36 

Andre Santos
Carthago
#8 | Posted: 26 Oct 2008 11:41 
To all having this "days to show ahead" not working, uncheck "Hide Past items in the day".

This version introduced an alteration to only hide the past items in the day after the end time is passed. I've traced that this alteration does not work in German versions of Outlook (It works OK in the English American version of Outlook).

I'll see what can be done for beta 3, but unfortunately my resources are limited and I cannot support every international version of Outlook (since apparently they work differently).

Thanks

André Santos

geophyzz
#9 | Posted: 28 Oct 2008 08:55 
Same problem here, but when I unchecked "Hide past items in the day" I got "No appointments found" - which is not right. Playing around with the options I ended up having to keep my "days to show ahead" to only 1 or 2 days for it to display my appointments...anything higher and I got the "No appointmens found" message. This is ok and I quite like this utility!

Chris Kaczor
#10 | Posted: 5 Nov 2008 08:34 
Any plans to fix the problem with dual monitors where the secondary monitor is on the left of the primary monitor?

The only viable setup for my desk is having my secondary monitor on my left but DeskTask doesn't work properly in that configuration.

Thanks!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#11 | Posted: 27 Nov 2008 16:45 
Hi,

Chris Kaczor wrote:
Any plans to fix the problem with dual monitors where the secondary monitor is on the left of the primary monitor?

I suspect this problem is directly related to the "hack" made to "pin" the DeskTask window to the Desktop.

Do you have XP or vista?

Thanks

André Santos

ash
#12 | Posted: 15 Dec 2008 12:17 
High CPU usage when focus is on Desktop.

Desktask Version 1.1 Beta 2

When Focus is on Desktop (click anywhere on desktop), desktask cpu usage shoots up, it ranges from 40-60%; when focus is lost from desktop - click on task bar or something, desktask cpu usage drops to zero.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#13 | Posted: 16 Dec 2008 12:35 
ash,

Tested on XP, no problem

Vista indeed has that CPU side effect. but only with Aero running, which is strange since Vista Basic does not have Aero?

UPDATE: Actually Vista Basic does not came with Aero by default, but it's simple to make it work with a registry trick.

I'll assume you have Aero enabled in your Vista?

Anyway there is no fix at the moment, I'll see what can be done

Thanks,

André Santos

Setsuna203
#14 | Posted: 24 Jan 2009 06:06 
I prefer to align DeskTask on the right side of the desktop. For this it's a good thing that one can cut off the (varying) task subject length. But there is one problem: The calender entries aren't cut, so the window ends up in the middle of the desktop if "Snap to desktop edges" is activated. It would be consequent to extend the cut functionality to calender.

Another feature I like to request is the option to hide the try icon. There are already so many programs which forcefully show their icon... It's good enough to reach the options screen via right-clicking the window or by clicking the program's short cut.

Last thing: It would be nice to have a second sorting option in the task section. For now one can only sort by one option, but it would be nice to sort by priority in the first and by name in the second place. This way it would be easier to locate tasks.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#15 | Posted: 24 Jan 2009 15:52 
Setsuna203 wrote:
I prefer to align DeskTask on the right side of the desktop. For this it's a good thing that one can cut off the (varying) task subject length. But there is one problem: The calender entries aren't cut, so the window ends up in the middle of the desktop if "Snap to desktop edges" is activated. It would be consequent to extend the cut functionality to calender.

With version 1.1 beta you can set a maximum size for task\calendar subjects

Setsuna203 wrote:
Another feature I like to request is the option to hide the try icon. There are already so many programs which forcefully show their icon... It's good enough to reach the options screen via right-clicking the window or by clicking the program's short cut.

Edit the shortcut to DeskTask and include the \HIDDEN parameter, the icon will not be shown. If using XP or Vista you can select, in the Start Menu options, what tray icons you wish to be always hidden

Setsuna203 wrote:
Last thing: It would be nice to have a second sorting option in the task section. For now one can only sort by one option, but it would be nice to sort by priority in the first and by name in the second place. This way it would be easier to locate tasks.

I will consider this suggestion in upcoming releases.

Thanks,

André Santos

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 DeskTask 1.1 Beta 2

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.