DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Off the screen

Tom McArthur
#1 | Posted: 17 Jan 2011 09:33 
DeskTask 1.2 on Windows 7 inside a VMWare VM

The appointments and tasks are off the screen. I can see the right end of the entries, but they are not clickable, nor can they be dragged into place. Disabling/enabling "snap to desktop" does not help, nor does restarting DeskTask, nor does resizing the VM window.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 18 Jan 2011 16:58 
Hi Tom,

Did you try drag in one of the icons? it's usually the best way to move the DeskTask window.

Also make sure you don't have the "Lock window" option

Let me know if this helped,

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Tom McArthur
#3 | Posted: 21 Jan 2011 06:59 
This seems to have fixed itself after rebooting the VM. I'm pretty sure I did that already, but at least it works. It now attaches itself to the left side of the screen correctly.

I can also grab the text and move it to the right so it doesn't interfere with the desktop icons. I know I tried that multiple times, too.

It doesn't make sense why any of this works today, but didn't work earlier this week. Perhaps I didn't reboot the VM right after the install - are there installation tasks that can't complete until the system has been rebooted?

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Off the screen

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.