MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /  

Loads of RAM

brite
#1 | Posted: 10 Aug 2012 04:51 
Hi,

I've been using MemInfo for ages, very satisfactory! Recently I got my new computer which came equipped with too much RAM (32GB). Now the display isn't big enough to show all the numbers. I've tried the other options MemInfo offers, but they are not very to my liking... I even went looking for the smallest pixel font, but that's too small to read...
So perhaps you can do something about this (like the solution provided by 'cpg') because I think there will be more and more 16GB+ configurations in the near future!

Thanks for your attention, hope there will be a solution soon!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 10 Aug 2012 08:10 
Hi Brite,

Thanks for your contact and your comments.
It's nice to have lots of RAM I'm sure.

The solution of user "cpg" has been implemented in v3.2. If you have installed that version, have you tried selecting "Optimize GB Values" ?

Let me know.
Regards,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

brite
#3 | Posted: 5 Oct 2012 22:54 
Hello André,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It has been a while, but I still have problems with the display of memory. The 'Optimize GB Values' is a good solution if it weren't for the fact it uses two decimals... Perhaps you can add an option so people can select one or two decimals to be displayed? I think that will fix the problem!
Hope you understand what I mean, if not: please let me know. I hope you can add this option to MemInfo, displaying memory values as percentages like I do now isn't really what I want!

Keep up the good work!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 15 Oct 2012 04:00 
Hi,

MemInfo 3.2 SR1 should have fixed the problem you stated.

What i understood is that values above 10gb will be displayed as eg: 14.56, hence being cut in the tray.

In this new version, when "Internal font" and "optimize Gb values" options are both selected, is now displayed the value of 14.56 as 14.5 to fit the tray

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

brite
#5 | Posted: 20 Oct 2012 03:19 
Hello André,

Thank you for implementing my suggestion into
MemInfo. I've just downloaded the new version
and will try it asap. I'm very confident things
will be to my liking now! Again, many thanks!

Greetings from Gert

MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /
 Loads of RAM

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.