Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

2 requests for the undo system

Daniel Walker
#1 | Posted: 17 Dec 2012 18:07 
Hi Andre. I hope you're having a good December so far. It's been a while since I posted here and I thought it might be a good idea to make a request for a pair of changes that I hope get made to the undo system in a future version.

It would be nice if Twistpad recognised when you're at the point in your unto history where you last saved, and not show the "unsaved changes" asterisk at this point.

When you move a line up or down (using Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down arrow)two steps are added to the undo history - deleting the line and inserting it back a line above or below where it was before. It would be a lot more intuitive if moving a line were treated as a single atomic step rather than two.

Thanks again for all your effort in making a great text editor.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 18 Dec 2012 18:21 
Hi Daniel,

All great thanks, hope there as well.

Yes, I understand that a full revert of the undo changes would be nice, but it requires some extra work. It's something definitely on the list.

I was not aware of that issue in the Block\Line Up\down. That is fixed for the next version.

I'll see in upcoming versions what can be done to improve the Undo system.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards and happy holidays,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 2 requests for the undo system

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.