Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

1.64 Beta Feedback

pencilneck
#1 | Posted: 8 Jul 2008 02:07 
A couple of things I don't like and would like to see.

I don't really like the new tabs, they look a bit tame and boring, the old ones had angles and highlights. Much more striking.

I'd love to see the undo behavior changed. Currently you open a file and make a change and then even if you undo all your changes, it still displays an asterisk on the tab and prompts you to save changes on close even if it is now no different from the original.

Another thing I've noticed in the last few builds is that it takes a long time to close the preferences dialogue after changing settings, it almost seems like it's not responding.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 8 Jul 2008 16:04 
Hi,

pencilneck wrote:
I don't really like the new tabs, they look a bit tame and boring, the old ones had angles and highlights. Much more striking

Well, I have another post of another user that liked the new tabs. Each to
their own. Since the other style of tabs you like is available since the first
release I see no harm in making it so the user can select which one he prefers.

pencilneck wrote:
I'd love to see the undo behavior changed. Currently you open a file and make a change and then even if you undo all your changes, it still displays an asterisk on the tab and prompts you to save changes on close even if it is now no different from the original.

This is a known issue, internal test's have been made with the behavior you suggest, but there are issues with the track changes feature, and the development required to make track changes (that don't change with the undo) are quite big for what is gained. anyway I will keep this option open for future releases.

pencilneck wrote:
Another thing I've noticed in the last few builds is that it takes a long time to close the preferences dialogue after changing settings, it almost seems like it's not responding.

It is supposed to be quite fast applying the preferences. At least my dev. version is.

Any chance you can you backup your settings file and open twistpad (so it creates a new one) to see if it's faster?

Just move the file C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application Data\Carthago\Twistpad\Twistpad.settings to the desktop (without Twistpad running) and then open Twistpad again, and see if it made any difference.

Let me know the results,
Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

pencilneck
#3 | Posted: 9 Jul 2008 01:33 
Andre Santos wrote:
Well, I have another post of another user that liked the new tabs. Each to
their own. Since the other style of tabs you like is available since the first
release I see no harm in making it so the user can select which one he prefers.

That would be great thanks, I'd hate to see the old style tabs disappear.

Andre Santos wrote:

This is a known issue, internal test's have been made with the behavior you suggest, but there are issues with the track changes feature, and the development required to make track changes (that don't change with the undo) are quite big for what is gained. anyway I will keep this option open for future releases.

Thanks again, I can see there might be an issue with tracking changes.

Andre Santos wrote:

It is supposed to be quite fast applying the preferences. At least my dev. version is.

Any chance you can you backup your settings file and open twistpad (so it creates a new one) to see if it's faster?

Just move the file C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application Data\Carthago\Twistpad\Twistpad.settings to the desktop (without Twistpad running) and then open Twistpad again, and see if it made any difference.

Let me know the results,
Thanks,

Seems faster yes, I'll get the new one using the settings I need and then keep an eye on it.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 1.64 Beta Feedback

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.