Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Line Select Inconsistencies

dandersahn
#1 | Posted: 6 Feb 2008 11:54 
I've noticed the following two inconsistencies with the full line select behavior exhibited by Twistpad:

1) When selecting a line via triple click, the line feed is not included in the selection whereas when selecting by right click in the left margin, it does. Personally, I think the line feed should be included for both as this is standard behavior in other Windows apps (e.g. Word). I guess a preference would be in order if people disagree. Regardless, the behavior should be consistent.

2) When selecting a line (via either method) the cursor is moved to the beginning of the line. Seems counterintuitive to me. It should be at the end of the line or the beginning of the next line (see #1) depending on whether or not the line feed is included. The way it is right now is inconsistent with double click on a word behaviour (cursor is at the end of the word) and with other Windows apps (again, see M$ Word). Strangely enough, when selecting multiple lines via right click in the left margin and drag, the resulting cursor position is "correct".

These may seem trivial, but they cause a lot of trouble when rearranging lines and copy/pasting blocks of text.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 7 Feb 2008 16:44 
Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

regarding your points:

1) Triple click line selection already does include the line feed (when pasting an extra line is inserted after the selected line) Is this what you mean? latest version online (1.62 SR1) with factory settings have this behavior. If indent paste is selected in the options, this does not happen and will be fixed for next version.

2) I agree the feedback of where the selection is is important, it will be fixed for the next version.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

dandersahn
#3 | Posted: 8 Feb 2008 09:43 
Regarding point #1. You are right. It does insert the line feed when pasting. It doesn't, however, remove the line feed when cutting. E.g.

1) select a single line by triple click
2) edit > cut
3) observe that the line itself remains

If the line is selected using the left margin in step 1, the line is removed on cut (as expected).

Thanks for the quick response.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 9 Feb 2008 07:54 
dandersahn wrote:
1) select a single line by triple click
2) edit > cut
3) observe that the line itself remains

Thanks, I can confirm this problem, and will be fixed.

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Line Select Inconsistencies

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.