Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

USB flash drive support?

Rohan
#1 | Posted: 24 Oct 2007 21:33 
Hi there

I'm currently evaluating Twistpad and so far it's really impressive. I love the lightweight feel of it compared to other bloated editors.

I work as a consultant at multiple locations and noticed that Twistpad puts all its data in the application data area, which makes it a bit hard to keep the configuration in sync between the PCs that I use. Is there any way of running Twistpad from a USB flash drive and not affecting the host PC?

Also, how does registration work? Does it need to be activated against each PC I use it on or can I take my registration with me?

thanks,
Rohan.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 25 Oct 2007 11:34 
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Rohan wrote:
I work as a consultant at multiple locations and noticed that Twistpad puts all its data in the application data area, which makes it a bit hard to keep the configuration in sync between the PCs that I use. Is there any way of running Twistpad from a USB flash drive and not affecting the host PC?

Not in the current version. This is definitely high priority in the "Todo list" and will be implemented soon.

Rohan wrote:
Also, how does registration work? Does it need to be activated against each PC I use it on or can I take my registration with me?

We use the model of two distinct executables. One for the 30 day trial (no possibility of activation) and a full licensed version of Twistpad. This licensed version does not require activation of any kind and is always available to download to licensed users. So installing on several PC's is not an issue as long as one copy is used only at one time by one person (or more depending on the number of licenses bought).

Registration will not be a problem to use Twistpad portable features.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Rohan
#3 | Posted: 25 Oct 2007 19:22 
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Andre Santos wrote:
Not in the current version. This is definitely high priority in the "Todo list" and will be implemented soon.

That's great news!

Andre Santos wrote:
This licensed version does not require activation of any kind and is always available to download to licensed users. So installing on several PC's is not an issue as long as one copy is used only at one time by one person

That's good to know. Looks like I've run out of reasons not to buy it then ;)

cheers,
Rohan.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 30 Oct 2007 05:26 
Thanks for you license purchase, stay tuned for the USB aware version.

Most likely any use of the registry will be dropped (even Microsoft as done so with Visual Studio 2005) making it easy to make a portable version.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 USB flash drive support?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.