Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Bug (?): Cursor motion

troels
#1 | Posted: 20 May 2007 07:49 
I'm not entirely sure, if this can be regarded a bug or not, but the cursor doesn't always behave the way, I expect it to.

<Home>:
When I'm at a line, which has been indented, and I press <Home>, the cursor moves to the first column, which is not a whitespace. Pressing <Home> again, moves the cursor to column 0. Pressing <Home> a third time, I would expect the cursor to jump back to the first column, which is not a whitespace.

Selections:
When I mark a selection, and press the <right> key, I expect the selection to clear, and the cursor to be placed where the selection ended. Likewise, if I press <left>, I expect the cursor to be positioned at the beginning of the former selection.

Ayush
#2 | Posted: 21 May 2007 16:21 | Edited by: Ayush 
troels wrote:
Pressing <Home> a third time, I would expect the cursor to jump back to the first column, which is not a whitespace.

-1 i hate this in pspad (which i use for AutoHotKey files)

troels wrote:
When I mark a selection, and press the <right> key, I expect the selection to clear, and the cursor to be placed where the selection ended.

+1

Andre Santos
Carthago
#3 | Posted: 24 May 2007 05:13 
troels wrote:
I'm not entirely sure, if this can be regarded a bug

I'm sure something which is not implemented cannot be regarded as a Bug. And certainly, not working as Textpad, is not at all a Bug.

Anyway, your suggestions are welcome and will be considered.

Ayush wrote:
Pressing <Home> a third time, I would expect the cursor to jump back to the first column, which is not a whitespace.

-1 i hate this in pspad (which i use for AutoHotKey files)

I'm considering implementing this, why you "hate" it?

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Bug (?): Cursor motion

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.