Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Request: Search result + Tool output window

troels
#1 | Posted: 19 May 2007 14:26 
I tend to get confused, with too many windows open at the same time. In TextPad (Which I currently use), the search results and tool output windows are displayed in a regular document, which takes up the full screen (Actually that behaviour has been ditched in the newest version, which most users agree is a bad move). I really like this behaviour, so providing it, would definitely be persuasive towards me switching to Twistpad.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2007 15:01 
Hi,

I have to confess this is not being considered. However you can transfer the contents of the output window to a new document, and there are plans to save or transfer the search results to a regular document window.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

troels
#3 | Posted: 20 May 2007 08:21 
Well, that's a shame; I don't think I'm the only one, who would appreciate that feature. Then again, I understand, that you can't implement every single request, since that would bloat the editor to a point, where it would become unusable for everyone.

Maybe you could make it an option, to drop the slide-in animation of tool windows though? When you switch back and forth between them, they are quite annoying.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Request: Search result + Tool output window

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.