Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Feature request: 'Additional Views'

SolarAngel
#1 | Posted: 1 Jan 2007 00:08 
Additional Views
To be able to split any view into 2 or 4 panes.
enabling user to view/edit different parts of file in same time no need to scroll or use search to find specific part of file to read few informations and get back to position in file where he was so he could edit file.

It allows fast and flexible editing of source codes.

Accessing to this feature as follows:

Using the Keyboard:
From the Window menu, choose Split.
Use the arrow keys to move the splitter bars to where you want to split the view.
Press Enter to create the additional views, or Escape to cancel.

Using the Mouse:
Drag splitter bar from the end of the scroll bar to where you want to split the view.

To Close the Second View:
Drag the splitter bar to the top or bottom of the view.

Best example of this feature would be TextPad editor.

//SolarAngel

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 2 Jan 2007 11:14 
Hi,

Split views is in the wish list for Twistpad and will be considered in future versions.

Thanks for your suggestion,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

donjiro
#3 | Posted: 4 Mar 2007 02:05 
The split view feature is an important feature.

Most editors implement only a horizontal split. This means I have two views/panes, one on top of another, viewing different sections of the same file. Given the popularity of wide aspect ratio LCD panels, a vertical split (side-by-side view) is very much desired and possibly more useful than a horizontal split.

While Textpad allows you to do a vertical split, it does not allow you to scroll the two views independently. This means you are always looking at the same section of the file in both views, rendering this feature useless.

If Twistpad can support vertical split, this will give me a strong incentive to switch over to Twistpad and recommend my colleagues to do so.

Thanks,
donjiro

PhilThompson
#4 | Posted: 11 Mar 2007 04:31 
Will you be allowing two files to be viewed at the same time as well?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 13 Mar 2007 17:18 
PhilThompson wrote:
Will you be allowing two files to be viewed at the same time as well?

When you say "viewed" you mean editing like Microsoft Word or Visual Studio do (and is the original suggestion in this thread)? or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

PhilThompson
#6 | Posted: 20 Mar 2007 14:01 
The original suggestion mentions splitting a single file and viewing different parts of that same file. I also find it useful to have a split pane with different files. I mean you could have the multi document views of Word but I don't think this is really necessary.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Feature request: 'Additional Views'

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.