Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Workspace shows blank and needs manual refresh when file opened from cmd line

robertcollier4
#1 | Posted: 11 Jan 2013 21:44 | Edited by: robertcollier4 
Steps to reproduce:

--------------------
Test1:
D:\>"C:\Program Files\Twistpad\Twistpad.exe" file1.txt

Result: Twistpad loads the file but the "Workspace" pane shows nothing. Once "Refresh" is done on the Workspace pane - then file1.txt shows in the workspace pane.

--------------------
Test2:
D:\>"C:\Program Files\Twistpad\Twistpad.exe" file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt file4.txt

Result: All 4 files load correctly in Twistpad in one window - but the Workspace pane shows nothing and has to be manually refreshed.

Now - if I change to a differently opened file in the workspace (or if I Ctrl+Tab), then it gives the infopane "This file has been moved or deleted. You can [restore] it to the original location". If I click on "restore" it gives "unhandled exception", "Class: EInOutError", "Unable to create directory".

--------------------
Test2:
D:\>"C:\Program Files\Twistpad\Twistpad.exe" D:\file1.txt D:\file2.txt D:\file3.txt D:\file4.txt

The files still do not show in the workspace pane without refresh. However now I can switch between the files without that infobar error. So that problem with the "Unable to create directory" infobar error seems to be with invoking Textpad on files with relative paths.

--------------------

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Workspace shows blank and needs manual refresh when file opened from cmd line

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.