Meminfo still not getting the right pagefile size

husky
#1 | Posted: 17 Feb 2012 11:55 
Hello,

I just read the topic as of

18 May 2011 05:16:38
cool35
20 Dec 2011 00:05:01

I just installed Meminfo 3.1 under Win 7 Pro.

The pagefile.sys in disk is: 3,105,748 KB

The Number in the tray icon shows 3452 (variable of course).

The Virtual memory (Automatically manage pagefile size) shows:

Currently Allocated: 3032 MB.
Recommended: 4548 MB

So far this is NOT incompatible but the tooltip shows:

Pagefile: 3.39 / 5.92 GB.

So, inquiring minds ask:

1. Why is there a difference between the shown in the icon and the number shown in the tooltip?

2. Where this 5.92 GB comes from? This one doesn't make much sense to me.

3. Any possibility of making the pagefile usage in the system tray as a percentage of the the total currently allocated?

Than You for Your time

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 17 Feb 2012 17:00 
Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that as stated elsewhere, MemInfo obtains it's memory info directly from Windows which has it's own internal workings of memory management and information which we don't have access nor can be we be responsible for.

If the memory manager shows a different value of the one reported by MemInfo, it's down to Windows itself.

Regarding your questions:
1) 3.39 gb to 3452 mb difference is Probably due to round figures. Can you select "Optimize GB values" in the settings? The values should be the same in the tooltip and tray.

2) That should be total memory, Physical+Page file.
From the Windows documentation:
ullTotalPageFile: The current committed memory limit for the system or the current process, whichever is smaller.

3)It's a possibility for the future. The percentage shown in the tray in the latest version (3.1) is given by Windows itself.
dwMemoryLoad: A number between 0 and 100 that specifies the approximate percentage of physical memory that is in use (0 indicates no memory use and 100 indicates full memory use).

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Papo
#3 | Posted: 11 Mar 2015 08:39 
Please Help!

My operating system is Windows 7 Prof. Page File Size is set to zero for the PC. Still shows 3.48 GB of total value (equal to the size of RAM). The show is 1.21 GB, while it is zero.
How can this be?

Here the photo

MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /
 Meminfo still not getting the right pagefile size

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.