Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Clear Find history

Eric
#1 | Posted: 14 Sep 2013 17:06 
Hi Andre,

Aside from editing the Twistpad.settings file, is there another way to clear out the Find history?

Also would be possible to add an option to clear the Find Bar without deleting all of the Find history?

Thanks

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 04:25 
Hi,

There is no way to clean the history file (unless manually in the settings as you pointed out).

I could had a button in settings to clear the find history, but it's not possible to clean only the Find Bar since the search history is shared between the Find Bar and the Find Window

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Eric
#3 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 05:53 
An option to clear history would be great.

For my second question, I should have asked it better. I meant to say, clear or blank what is currently displayed in the Find bar field. So if I have "->.*" displayed in the Find bar field, I can clear it and have a blank Find bar field again (without removing all of the history).

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 06:55 
Hi,

Sorry about that, but may I ask why do you need to clear the Find Bar text? Is it for privacy purposes?

If you really need to clear the last found text, I suggest executing quick Find (F4) which find's what is currently selected in the editor.

You can also (in the the Find-Bar) search for a space " " with will keep the Find-Bar (apparently) without any text.

Hope this helps,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Eric
#5 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 07:13 
Hi Andre,

No to any privacy concerns. It's more a matter of me liking clear find bars. Your suggestion works.

Thanks.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Clear Find history

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.